<

Monday, June 15, 2009

Oh, yeah--I AM a moron!

That last post from back in April? Where I mention that I'd cured my rear window defroster issue with a simple fuse change?

Well, oddly enough, some time before I'd noticed the defogger not working, I'd also noticed the air conditioner wasn't blowing cold air. I thought at first it was a freon leak, and had gotten a retrofit kit to fix things, but then found that the system was well charged. Hmm. Then I figured out it must be that thermostatic switch, and that it was beyond my ability to fix, both mechanically and monetarily.

So, I suffered through three Alabama summers with the ol' standby 460 air conditioning (all four windows down, and drive 60 miles an hour), until a couple of weeks ago, when on a whim, I turned on the A/C switch again.

HEY! Cold air's coming out!

Hmmm--I wonder...

Yep, sure enough, the same fuse that runs the rear defogger also runs the air conditioning switch. All those months of misery, which could have been avoided if I'd just looked a tiny bit closer at that fuse.

Ah, well. Live and learn, eh?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry,

Do you know any Volvo types near San

Antonio, TX? Sgt. Mom of ncobrief.com

is soon to sell her 1975 242 Volvo 2 dr

Sedan with over 2M miles & some parts.

Hope all continues well with your

family!

July 30, 2009 10:12 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone right off hand, and I wish I did because I've always enjoyed Sgt. Mom's blog from back when it was Sgt. Stryker doing the writing. In any event, as noted, EBay and Craigslist are both good places to start, and the folks at the Texas Volvo Club who met recently in San Antonio might have some interested buyers.

July 30, 2009 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home