<

Monday, December 12, 2005

More Junk Parts!

Hooray! Got a yard pass Saturday late in the day and scurried as fast as my fat little legs could run (metaphorically speaking, of course, seeing as how I was actually using my fat little legs to operate the gas and brake pedals in the car) over to Pull-A-Part for to pull some parts.

Several weeks back on a particularly cold morning (for Alabama, anyway) I snapped the hook off of the driver's side sunvisor clip, and ever since it has been there mocking my inability to grab a couple of hours to free myself to go plunder the junkyard.

Well, finally I was able to go Saturday and found three good clips, one fairly new. These things must break a lot, because just about every car had the clips gone. Part of the problem is that new ones cost as much as if they were made from solid hunks of unobtanium and kryptonite alloy. But, I got one, plus two spares for the inevitable future breakage.

AND, managed to snag a power antenna from a 740 that I'm still not quite sure will work in my car, AND two leather headrest pad inserts. I had thought that maybe I could put these on the back headrests, but they didn't fit. Second thought was that I could use them on the front, and put the existing cloth padded covers on the back headrests. Which also didn't work. Meaning I have two padded covers I do not need. Luckily, they were inexpensive to the point of being free.

Anyway, I am expecting my upper and lower chassis braces any day now, and I got a pile of small parts such as a timing belt and lumbar support repair kit and seat heater and stereo connector the other day, which will all at some point be properly attached to the car. Sometime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home