<

Monday, August 29, 2005

Doze guys are SMAHT!

From my buddy Nate McCord over at Wasted Electrons:
Just thought you should know that on this past weekend's edition of Car Talk, with Tom & Ray, they were asked by a concerned mom about what kind of car to get her 16 year old, wannabe engineer. He wanted a car to learn the basics of automobile operation upon so he would have some practical skills to go along with his intended future vocation. The Tappet Brothers urged the woman to find a $2000 Volvo DL for the youngster's first ride due to its ruggedness and relative simplicity and the location of all its major parts being in the traditional locations.

I of course disagreed with their choice as I think a Geo Tracker/Suzuki Sidekick convertible has a much higher "cool" factor for teenage boys and their simplicity is rivaled only by the air-cooled VW Beetle. And it comes with the probability of 4WD and unlimited sunshine that no Volvo sunroof can match.

Anyway, I was thinking of you and Revolvoblog while they were yakking. You really ought to contact them and promote Rvblog as a source for those moms and teen boys they are pointing in the same direction you are headed with your Swedish beast!
Hmmm--maybe if I write my URL on the back of a $20 bill and send it in to them....

As I have continued to work on this thing, I do have to say it has been enjoyably simple. Simple is good for old farts and kids, too, for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home