<

Saturday, August 27, 2005

How Bizarre

GOOD MORNING! Sitting here NOT at the Vaughn Road branch, as I had mentioned over on Possumblog yesterday afternoon, but at the E.L. Lowder Branch on BELL Road. Oops. Anyway, this is here instead of on the mighty mighty Possumblog because for some reason the library won't let me sign on to mu.nu (it says because of the digital music, but I think it's just some kind of conspiracy). I can't even visit a mu.nu site, or reply to a comment linked from e-mail. So, it's rather odd that they allow Blogger access.

Whatever.

Anyway, the trip down was very nice. We didn't leave until nearly 7:00, though, and didn't eat until after 9:00, which for olden people like me is just way too late. Back to the room at the luxuriously mid-rate Wingate Inn, and enjoyed a fine program about the M1 Abrams tank's performance during Gulf War I on the History Channel. Tip for the Man Moment Machine producers--PLEASE quit with all the dramatic recreations. If you don't have actual footage, it looks goofy to try to make it up.

Up early this morning so we could scarf down our complimentary microwave sausage biscuits, went down to the lobby and found ourselves in the midst of a girl's volleyball team from Guntersville. Obviously, I had to avert my eyes from the smooth flesh of their long muscular legs and thei--er, never mind. I didn't see anything. And good luck in your tournament, girls.

Checked out--the morning desk jockey looked like Jack Osbourne--and we were on our way. Just dropped Reba off about an hour ago, and after a stop to peruse the goods at the Advance Auto Parts store, I made my way here for a wonderful morning of information gathering and mindless surfing. WHEEEEEEEEE!

Updates as they become available.

3 Comments:

Blogger jim said...

Do they have a pull-a-part down there? With Volvos even!

August 27, 2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

Nope--only five of that particular brand of high-class junkyard in the South--Norcross and Conley GA, Birmingham, Nashville, and Charlotte.

But I can't pull myself away from the computer anyway.

August 27, 2005 2:17 PM  
Blogger jim said...

I'm still working on what i was doing yesterday. Some papers are just easy and some are like pulling teeth-- by going in through the nose.

August 27, 2005 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home