<

Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's good to be the king?

Well, despite the assertion of Mel Brooks, maybe not all the time--
Sweden’s King Carl Gustaf has been involved in a minor traffic accident, with no injuries reported.

The online edition of the newspaper “Aftonbladet” reports that the king drove into the rear of the car in front of him in a roundabout in Norrköping, southwest of Stockholm, Thursday morning.

While there were no personal injuries, both the royal BMW and the other driver’s Volvo are reported to have been damaged.
"DID YOU SEE 'IM OPPRESSIN' ME!?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the king himself. I just wonder if he was driving with a cloth cap on his head, , with just the hat peeking over the dashboard.

And why is a king driving his own car?

August 29, 2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

I'm not sure, but I guess being the king ain't like it used to be. Nice car, though, although I think I would try to drive a Swedish car if I was the king of Sweden. Then again, since Saab is owned by GM, and Volvo is owned by Ford, a Bimmer might be about as close as he can get.

August 29, 2005 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home