<

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Grr.

I just finished my big "workin' on my Volvo" post with pictures and humor and such, clicked publish, and it said I was good to go. Yippee! For once it didn't mess up!

I clicked over to view it, and for some reason, the post didn't show up. Eh--no big deal--sometimes it takes a minute or two.

Jumped back to the edit screen and pulled up my template to add a couple of items to my line-item listing of repairs I've made (which is part of the template), saved, hit republish, and with great anticipation ran over to see what was going on.

Not only was the post not there, there was no more Revolvoblog!

I jumped back to edit--my just posted post was nowhere to be found. Jumped to the template--NOTHING THERE. I had a huge list of stuff on that template that took forever to format, and ALL OF IT WAS GONE!

Pfft!

Now, I KNOW I didn't erase the template, or overwrite everything when I did my template update. But by gum it was now irretrievably screwed up.

THANK GOODNESS FOR GOOGLE CACHE.

I thought maybe, just maybe, I could Google it, get a recent capture (it hasn't changed since June 20), and maybe use the View Source command to pick up the formatting.

Sure enough, the information was all there, so I copied it, pasted it back into the template, saved it, and now it's back in one piece. Sans my most recent post, of course.

Stupid Blogger.

And yes, by now I SHOULD know to save a copy before publishing--every time this happens, I am reminded by several people that I should have done this. Obviously, since I am a moron, you're just wasting your breath.

ANYWAY, maybe the NEXT post will work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home