<

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

An answer at last!

Hello everyone! Still plugging along with no time to spend on the ol' Brick, but I was lucky enough to get a comment to a post from last year when I had purchased my ambient temperature gauge.

I got a complete NOS gauge and harness, fresh in the box, but it didn't include the temperature sensor itself. Not knowing exactly what to get, I figured these would be either pricey, unavailable, or both, and resigned myself to scouring eBay for one.

BUT, a nice anonymous commentor directed me to this thread on the Brickboard, where we find out from the ever-wise Dave Shannon that the sending unit in question is the same as a VDO water temp sending unit.
Volvo used a VDO water temp sender for the air temp gauge. Long ago I found myself with 3 gauges and only one sender so I went to a local parts house and the guy looked up the number. The egauges/VDO part number is 323-095 it's a 1/8"x27 thread 250 degree sender ~$7.00. I tested it against the stock Volvo sender and it's an exact match reading wise.

I mount the senders under the front bumper this gives a good reading of road/air temp. The gauge has standard VDO wiring, + power, - ground, and G for sender input. One wire from the light is spliced into the ground wire and the other gets spliced into the light brown wire carrying power to the console lights.
SO, there you go!

Now to find time to get all this done, when I don't have time to do anything at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home