<

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I am a moron

How else to explain the fact that I just bought another four aluminum alloy Volvo wheels?

A while back I found a nice set of Dracos from a Volvo 740 Turbo on Ebay. They were going to be a future upgrade to the old brick when I finished wearing out the tires that I have on the car now. But, as I've mentioned, they weren't my first choice of bling. I really, REALLY wanted a set of Virgos when I first started fixing the thing up. Downside? Well, even on Ebay, they routinely go for 400 bucks (plus shipping) a set. Quite a bit more than the 80 I paid for the Dracos.

But, you see, in my searching, I stumbled across a set of the elusive Virgos again, and for some reason, no one else seemed to have found them. I patiently waited and watched the price climb to 30, and then all the way up to 50 dollars. At the very last minute, I put in a tiny bid, KNOWING I would immediately be outbid.

Well, except, I didn't get outbid. Upside? I got a set of four rare alloy rims for fifty-one clams. Downside? I HAVE ANOTHER SET OF WHEELS TO SQUIRREL AWAY IN THE GARAGE!

I am such a moron.

It's time for a Volvo Garage Sale...

2 Comments:

Blogger arrietty7 said...

OMG. They are beautiful. you could sell the Dracos on E-Bay, but these are such a steal. Great luck!

December 29, 2005 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, ma'am! They arrived while I was off for Christmas, and they don't quite look as good as the photo, but at least they don't seem to be warped.

January 03, 2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home