<

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A few more photos

I meant to post these the other day, but again, after the Great Bug Attack, they kinda fell by the wayside.

In all of the photos of the flame trap relocation, I never could get a very clear idea of the way the parts are supposed to go together. This also explains why it took me a while to figure out I needed to get the little rubber holder off of the breather box nipple. It helps to have no bones in your hand.

Anyway, after you manage to break all your fingers and get the 8 inch extension hose firmly in place, it should come up between the second and third intake runner, beside the manifold check valve--



Here's another look--



The premolded hose goes on top of that (big end over the trap, obviously) and then the small end hooks back onto the intake bellows.

The small vacuum line routes under the check valve and does a loop before plugging into the manifold nipple--



Not really a hard job, if you know what you're doing, but it wound up taking me twice as long as it should have due to not being able to see what I was aiming for, and not knowing exactly how it was supposed to go back on.

ANOTHER BIT OF CHEAP INSURANCE--I also purchased and installed the rear cam seal retainer plate from IPD. Goes on in about five minutes, and it's worth having in place if nothing else for peace of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home