<

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Man, I LOVE Jury Duty!

Some. I had to show up Monday and yesterday, but thankfully got released at lunch, so I had some time for once to get some needed maintenance out of the way, in the form of a transmission service.

Now my humble hunk of iron does have some issues, namely a leaking rear tailshaft seal, which means I need to replace that along with the bearing (along with the driveshaft bushing and bearing), but that's more than I had time to do, so I settled on taking it to the local Express Oil Change so they could at least drop the pan, flush it out, put on a new filter and gasket, and put a little stop-leak in there to get me a few more thousand miles before it completely blows up.

I figure 70 bucks is a pretty good deal, and the mechanics were nice to the ol' feller since he has so many miles on him. Took a bit longer than planned since they had to send for the proper kit--IMAGINE! Not having a trans part set for a 21 year old foreign car!

Anyway, it took a while also because the dipstick tube and everything else was bound up with years and years of immobility, but eventually it all got undone, then done back up, and I was on my way. Be interesting to see if that Valvoline stuff works or not, but at least I feel a bit less guilty about neglecting everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home