<

Friday, September 02, 2005

Eyebrows?

Well, that's what they call 'em.

Silly Europeans.

Of course, it's much sillier for someone with a moron project to actually order these things, because they are nothing more than incredibly expensive chrome-plated plastic trim bits on top of the headlights. See, my new, sleek (still sitting in the box) European glass headlights that I bought on Ebay from FCP Groton are slightly different in size from the cloudy US spec plastic lens headlights I have on my car now. Why? Who knows. But the result is that the small bit of chrome-plated plastic trim over the top of my existing headlights could not be reused on my spiffy new lights. And the spiffy new lights can't be installed without the trim pieces in place. (At least not without them looking REALLY goofy.)

So, I had to order some. From Holland. The parts themselves were 'spensive, but not nearly so much as the shipping. Yet another part that's worth more than the whole car!

Anyway, they FINALLY got here last night, so I want to give a big shout-out to my homie Sjef Spijkers at Scandcar in Moergestel for packing them up nice and securely, but I would like to encourage some bright young plastics artist to start knocking these things off--there are few things made of plastic that are worth quite this many guilders.

Will I get to put them in this weekend? Will I get to install my new old dashboard?

Probably not.

ANYway for your future reference if you want to order these, the part numbers for these little jewels are: right moulding headlight - 1312636 & left moulding headlight - 1312634. They are genuine Volvo parts and are around $39.10 apiece, depending on the exchange rate, and shipping was about $26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home