<

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

No zip ties! No nylon straps!

My battery dilemma solved itself!

I only THOUGHT my existing battery was the wrong size. In amongst all the efforts of cleaning house on Saturday, I sneaked out for a moment and in the daylight found that it was just not pushed all the way into position in the battery tray, and after maneuvering it all the way to the corner nearest the fender, the little clippy deal on the side of the tray popped on with absolutely no trouble at all, negating the need to resort to an ugly strap, or the downright dangerous idea of using zip ties, to hold it in place. I was quite happy! But not nearly so much as getting to spend two uninterrupted hours in the junkyard yesterday.

Managed to find four exterior side rubber window scrapers that were in good condition (believe it or not) and a front licence place bracket that wasn't bent, and four acorn nuts to go on it, and in the most odd thing, I picked up a couple of nice-looking rear roof trim pieces from an older model 244. The shiny type, with the black triangle. Why? I have no idea, other than I like the older type, and even though they are the wrong type for my car, I put them on yesterday anyway. Quite stylish! ::chuckle:: I also figured out that those rear rain gutter trim pieces are a bugger to get back into place. I still don't think I have them on right.

The most disappointing find was a CHMSL cover that was undamaged. I babied it all around the yard, but in a moment's inattention, managed to put my thumb right through the brittle black plastic. ::sigh:: Well, there's probably more out there somewhere.

Now then, if I can just get my lights and dashboard installed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home