<

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Change of plans, yes, but at least there was a change of oil, too.

Well, the past weekend didn't go quite as planned--the more full accounting of all the things that didn't go quite as intended are over on my other site at Possumblog, but the short answer is that I didn't get to do my own oil change simply due to lack of time. I got up early Saturday, full of fresh moron energy, and then found out the day was to be filled with clothes shopping. I did go ahead and change the air filter myself, just to make sure they didn't mangle any of the plastic bits or the mass airflow sensor, and then afterwards, I grabbed my factory filter (kindly donated to the car by the previous owner) and a new copper crush ring (ditto) and went down the hill to Express Oil Change. Gave them my parts, and reminded them to be sure and replace the giant magnet I have on the filter (once again, something very important to the former owner, and who am I to quibble with success?) and they managed to get everything done without drama.

As I mentioned last week about the premium fuel, I decided to see how it would work and topped the tank off with some fresh Exxon 93 octane and a bottle of Chevron fuel injector cleaner. I could tell a difference almost immediately. I usually use cheapo Raceway gasoline, and I believe I must have gotten a bad batch a couple of weeks ago. But, it's much quieter now, thank goodness. But I think it's still probably time for someone to get out the shims and pliers and feeler gauges.

IN OTHER NEWS--many thanks to commenter arrietty7 in the comments below for dropping by and confessing to joining the Moron Project ranks with a '90 DL wagon named Rosie. A special request was made to have the "Cogito ergo volvo" graphic placed on one of the mugs, and I am happy to do so--click here to take a look at it.

As a reminder to any other intrepid souls who stumble upon my little corner of the blogworld, if there's something in the CafePress shop you like, except you'd like it on another item, let me know and I'll be glad to see if it will work.

ANYway, that's all for the moment--keep those cards and letters coming, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home